At Well Fed, our physician lactation consultants provide exceptional care for all types of breastfeeding and feeding issues. We are happy to see families for counselling and support prior to baby’s arrival as well. Our services are covered through Alberta Health Services.
Common reasons to visit us at Well Fed
- Consultations during pregnancy for those at risk of breastfeeding issues or those who would like to learn more about breastfeeding prior to delivery.
- Concerns about producing breast milk after breast reduction or augmentation surgery
- Breastfeeding Assessments
- Nipple pain and/or breast pain
- Evaluation and treatment of tongue tie and lip tie
- Concerns about milk supply
- Engorgement/blocked ducts/mastitis
- Concerns about medication or surgery and breastfeeding/pumping
- Concerns regarding infant growth/weight
- Nursing multiples
- Feeding support after discharge from the NICU
- General post-partum support
- Induced Lactation for adoption or surrogacy
- Introduction to solid food feeding
- Pumping guidance
- Return to work guidance
For questions or more information concerning our services please contact us today.
Please view our resources page for access to further information and services available to you through Alberta Health Services.